Saturday, October 3rd 2009
Cozumel, Mexico
...Day 3 activities are not for the faint of heart...

We arrived at Cozumel around 1:00pm on Saturday, and watched the ship dock from our patio. We docked right next to another ship, which was fun to check out!
Cozumel, Mexico
...Day 3 activities are not for the faint of heart...
We arrived at Cozumel around 1:00pm on Saturday, and watched the ship dock from our patio. We docked right next to another ship, which was fun to check out!
After getting off of the ship, we took a taxi to "Senior Frogs," a very popular bar in Mexico. I had gone to one on my last cruise, and KNEW I wanted to go again!!! We also knew that another popular, fun bar called Carlos and Charlees could be found right below, so we headed on over!
The reason, basically, that these bars are so fun - is because they are very silly, full of dancing (and dances that everyone gets on their chairs and participates in) and the bartenders and staff are always very entertaining.
After arriving, we of course, had to order shots. Now, at Senior Frogs, you don't just get any shot - but you get a shot FED to you, after being spun around... and well... either spanked or groped a bit! It is just very, very funny.
After a couple of fun, frozen drinks - a woman came by and made us balloon hats - also hysterical. I really think Mom's flower captures her innocence :)

Pretty shortly after this picture, we headed downstairs to a bar that had some better dancing music. After getting our groove on (and a couple more drinks.. they had a 2 for 1 deal at this bar!), we headed back to the ship... or so we thought.


The below picture, does have a special explanation - as it actually took dance LESSONS to look as good as my Mom does in this picture. No, seriously. We took "hip-hop" dance lessons the previous day, which by the way, Mom thought was just some kind of fun oldies dancing she never learned (IT ISN'T! Hip Hop is basically dancing to rap music, NOT Moms favorite - boy was she surprised when we got there. And boy, were Megan and I wondering all before this why she was so excited about these particular dance lessons, but went with it anyways.) That was a good laugh in itself.
Here, she is trying to do this boxed kind of dancing move we learned in these lessons.
And doing it BEAUTIFULLY I might add!

In case you were wondering, the dance lessons WERE free :)
Anyways, on the cab ride home -- I asked Mom why we rushed out of the bar (we were having a lot of fun dancing, although I'm pretty sure it was 150 degrees in the room an we needed a break anyways), and she replied, "The ship leaves in half an hour!" Confused, I informed her that the ship wasn't leaving for another 3 and a half hours, to which Megan agreed.
On the upside, this ended up being an OK decision, because we got back to the port and took some pictures on a little beach where we docked.




And now, one of the highlights of the trip.
Mind you, we're each a couple of drinks in at this point, and walking around a cute little beach area. We found a turtle and donkey (fake), and of course ran to pose with them! Megan jumped on the donkeys back, and as I went to take her picture, she starts sliding off the side.

And WHAM!
She hits the ground, and Mom and I almost died laughing (as did all of the people in the bar behind us).
id I mention this was a STATIONARY donkey, not alive or moving? :)

And I would like to add, that I did NOT fall off the turtle :)


Although, it did take a bite of my butt! Luckily, my dear sister came to my rescue.

PHEW! What a long and fun afternoon!
But WAIT! On our way back to the ship, we saw our ... "table buddies" in a bar right on the water, dancing. We walked in to join them for a little while - and somehow, ended up on the raised dance floor - which ended up being a LOT of fun.

Us with our "table buddies" dancing. I'll explain the quotes later, maybe.

Phew, what an AFTERNOON of dancing! When the sun started to set, we took that as a cue to head back to the ship and get ready for dinner.

YAY for mealtime!

After dinner, we found a really fun deck (every night we would talk walks around the ship before going to bed), where the wind was SO STRONG!
We let our hair loose and took a ton of pictures, (most of) which came out pretty neat.


PHEW!!! I think that about sums up Day 3 in a nutshell. Stay tuned for Day 4! :)

Pretty shortly after this picture, we headed downstairs to a bar that had some better dancing music. After getting our groove on (and a couple more drinks.. they had a 2 for 1 deal at this bar!), we headed back to the ship... or so we thought.
The below picture, does have a special explanation - as it actually took dance LESSONS to look as good as my Mom does in this picture. No, seriously. We took "hip-hop" dance lessons the previous day, which by the way, Mom thought was just some kind of fun oldies dancing she never learned (IT ISN'T! Hip Hop is basically dancing to rap music, NOT Moms favorite - boy was she surprised when we got there. And boy, were Megan and I wondering all before this why she was so excited about these particular dance lessons, but went with it anyways.) That was a good laugh in itself.
Here, she is trying to do this boxed kind of dancing move we learned in these lessons.
And doing it BEAUTIFULLY I might add!
In case you were wondering, the dance lessons WERE free :)
Anyways, on the cab ride home -- I asked Mom why we rushed out of the bar (we were having a lot of fun dancing, although I'm pretty sure it was 150 degrees in the room an we needed a break anyways), and she replied, "The ship leaves in half an hour!" Confused, I informed her that the ship wasn't leaving for another 3 and a half hours, to which Megan agreed.
On the upside, this ended up being an OK decision, because we got back to the port and took some pictures on a little beach where we docked.
And now, one of the highlights of the trip.
Mind you, we're each a couple of drinks in at this point, and walking around a cute little beach area. We found a turtle and donkey (fake), and of course ran to pose with them! Megan jumped on the donkeys back, and as I went to take her picture, she starts sliding off the side.
And WHAM!
She hits the ground, and Mom and I almost died laughing (as did all of the people in the bar behind us).
id I mention this was a STATIONARY donkey, not alive or moving? :)
And I would like to add, that I did NOT fall off the turtle :)
Although, it did take a bite of my butt! Luckily, my dear sister came to my rescue.

PHEW! What a long and fun afternoon!
But WAIT! On our way back to the ship, we saw our ... "table buddies" in a bar right on the water, dancing. We walked in to join them for a little while - and somehow, ended up on the raised dance floor - which ended up being a LOT of fun.
Us with our "table buddies" dancing. I'll explain the quotes later, maybe.
Phew, what an AFTERNOON of dancing! When the sun started to set, we took that as a cue to head back to the ship and get ready for dinner.
YAY for mealtime!
After dinner, we found a really fun deck (every night we would talk walks around the ship before going to bed), where the wind was SO STRONG!
We let our hair loose and took a ton of pictures, (most of) which came out pretty neat.
PHEW!!! I think that about sums up Day 3 in a nutshell. Stay tuned for Day 4! :)
OMG OMG OMG!!
ReplyDeleteThat's really all I have to say. FUN!
oh, that looked like so much fun!
ReplyDeleteplease, please, let us in on "table buddies"