On my drive home from work today, the sky looked very hazy! And as I got closer, I saw that there was a big fire in the mountains behind my apartment! It was really really scary looking. The news says that the fire is almost out, though thank goodness! http://www.kswt.com/Global/story.asp?S=10741578&nav=menu613_2_6
This is the view from my middle school, one view it is smoky but if you looked a little further East, you can see the mountains clearly and even some sunshine (the picture on the right)!
Still driving home and still noticing the sky looked hazy!! (Don’t worry, I wasn’t taking these pictures) =) At about this point I noticed that I could smell burning, and told my friend Marisa with whom I was carpooling: “I sure hope that isn’t my car!” Luckily, it wasn’t! :)
And then WOW! It was all of a sudden it was obvious that there was a big fire in the mountains!! It monsooned last night, and as it turns out, lightening from that storm hit the mountains and started the big fire. These pictures don’t even begin to do justice to how big and scary this was! The burning smell was EXTREMELY strong in the car, and I can even smell the burning faintly in my apartment! Yikes!
Here are some clips of the lightening I videoed last night:
Yikes. What a day…. and now it is storming and the news are giving warnings that we have an “extreme” storm coming, and to avoid driving if possible! Time for me to sit out on the patio and watch… but before I do.. here are a couple of pictures from school today! Today was “open-campus,” a day where we invited all future students and parents to come meet the teachers and find their classes. I met a ton of parents and students, and didn’t get much done :) Oh well, it was worth it!
No comments:
Post a Comment