Wow it has been awhile since I’ve written in here! Schoolwork + new job = busy Nicole!
Luckily, I was able to get away for 3 days of the Spring Break here to visit my parents in Palm Springs, California. It was about a 5 1/2 hour easy drive each way, and the hotel they were at was AMAZING!
Right when I pulled into the hotel though, my car started making a loud THUMPing noise, which turned out to be a flat tire! On the up side, thank GOODNESS it didn’t happen any earlier, as most of the drive was in the middle of NO WHERE, and I don’t know what I would have done!! We were able to get the hole in my flat fix, and the focus is back up and running again!
At the hotel (which was amazing, see the pictures below), there was a lot of water, both just decorative waterfalls and big lakes which the hotel had boats on. In the little waterfalls right outside of our hotel window, there was the CUTEST little duck family, EVER! These babies must have JUST been born, Mom and I couldn’t stop staring at them.. and trying to find them! They were also extremely friendly, and actually came right up to our feet and would peck them!
On my first night there, we went out to dinner at “Kobe’s,” a Japanese restaurant where they make the food right in front of you (similarly to Behi Hannas), which was delicious. I got steak and prawns, yummy, and Mom got Chicken – also delicious. We then spent the rest of Tuesday night in the hot tub, what a life!
The next morning, we got up and went to the Aerial Tramway, which was a big tramway which carried you up to the top of a mountain; complete with snow at the top! It was very scary, but also pretty awesome up at the top – the air smelled so clean and fresh. We ordered glasses of wine, and sat at a table overlooking the view.
After this adventure, we headed to the Yardhouse for some drinks and dinner (we actually ordered 5 different appetizers and split them), and went back to the hotel for some lazy time by the pool.
Mom and I took a walk all around the golf course during sunset, it was such an amazing golf course. Soo pretty!
After a final dip in the pool, we headed back to the hot tub, and hit the hay, as I had a long drive back Thursday morning!
And of course, a final goodbye to the ducks :)
No comments:
Post a Comment