Wednesday, June 22, 2011

End of the year Parry--Tayy!

If you recall, last year we had an end of the year party for our students. This year we again had the same, huge, wet, water sliding fun. But this year, I upped the ante.

You might also recall "Teacher Torture" from last year. The purpose is to raise money for the American Cancer Society (which you all so graciously donated to when I ran my marathon in January). Well, I did it again this year.


I also had to dress like Steven Urkel:

Make a music video with the other math teacher (you'll have to look on my facebook if you want to see this one).

I also had to switch classes with the Social Studies teacher, which I think was the hardest day of all.

Almost as hard, that is, as the dunk tank.

I told students if they collectively donated $100, I would rent a dunk tank for the party (no idea what made me think this was a good idea)- and they could take shots at getting me in.

They reached $100 in 4 days. Yikes.

They then proceeded to donate over $300. Next time, I'm setting this bar at $400.
There is a LOT of water up my nose in this picture. I can tell you were wondering.

Straight out of Baywatch, people, I know. I can tell you were thinking that, too.


One of my co-teachers, and very good friends, and I then took the first ride down the water slide. Because, you know, we had to make sure it was safe for the students.

It was.

All and all, it was another fabulous party that I'll never forget. Particularly because it was my last one.

Next year, I'm moving to Empire High School in my district. I will be the 9th grade Algebra teacher, and I'm P-U-M-P-E-D about it!

Here are a couple of "pre" pictures of my classroom. I'll post more in July when I'm done with it!

You can't tell yet, but the view outside of those windows is AMAZING! Hello, mountains!

I have lots more exciting changes and things coming up in my life, but I can't tell them ALL in one post! :) Stay tuned....

1 comment:

  1. Hi friend! Empire is lucky to get you next year! Love the dunk tank pics... definitely Baywatch quality, I think!

    ReplyDelete