Thursday, May 27, 2010

Appreciated :)

Today is the last day of school. I can HARDLY believe it!

As I sit here with 70+ thirteen year olds watching a movie, after being told all day "thank you" and receiving nice cards and giftcards (Olive Garden! Starbucks! Michaels! Coldstone!) it is amazing to see how much they've gotten to know me. AND that they really DO know how to say "thanks!"

Yesterday, we had our final reward party at school. My team (Team Navy) of four teachers every quarter puts on a special party of some kind to reward all of the students who have had excellent behavior. Yesterday was our final party.

We had two inflatables, a water slide and water filled obstacle course. It was SO MUCH FUN!

The Language Arts teacher on my team and I took the first run down the slide:



And then the fun began!



A fun, innocent water balloon toss....



....quickly turned into a "let's hit the teachers" water balloon war!



But it as all in good fun :)

I think the highlight of this whole event, however, was reading all of their facebook messages afterwards.


And my favorite message:


Wow am I going to miss these students!

No comments:

Post a Comment