Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Rookie of the year!

Now, you might think that is a movie title. Or a show title. Or something to do with baseball.

It probably does, but in my case, it is also the name of the award I was given yesterday in Phoenix at the "Arizona Technology in Education Association" annual conference. Cool, right?!

My old principal (he hired and supervised me for about 4 months) nominated me for the "Rookie of the Year" Innovation award (see below).

AzTEA Innovation Awards - Recognize educators, support personnel, administrators, and community members who have demonstrated exemplary commitment to educational technology in Arizona.

You can click here to see the webpage where the winners will be posted.

After sending in my nomination (click to enlarge each page), it was a waiting game.

About a week ago, I got an e-mail sharing that I won! I couldn't believe it. I feel so incredibly lucky to have ended up at the school, and school district that I am in. I know I wouldn't be half the teacher I am today if I haven't been given the opportunity to work with and have such amazing mentors and leaders in my school.





So yesterday, Chelsea and I headed up to Phoenix where I was given an award at a luncheon during their annual conference. Complete with a glass plaque and everything! Woo-hoo!


What was even cooler about the whole thing was that my old principal (the one who nominated me... far right in the below picture) also won for Administrator of the Year! :)


So needless to say, it was a fun way to send a day of Spring Break. :) And thanks to Chelsea who spent her day in the car going up there and back with me!! Anything for a free lunch, right Chelsea?! Just kidding..... :) What a great friend she is!

4 comments:

  1. Now, aren't you glad you went? Great photos and what an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO glad you headed up there (hopefully just for lunch). :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anything for a free lunch is right! Although, add in the entertainment value of the whole day, and I really should have been charged a lot for that day! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Or, should I say, "darn tootin!"

    Congrats, again, by the way. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete