My Mom came into town last April for my 23rd birthday, and we had lots of fun checking out new restaurants and places around Tucson. Here is dinner on my Birthday at a pretty well known Mexican restaurant in Tucson (Guadalajara Grill), my friend Marisa came as well.


Here are some pictures of Mom and I at the "J-Bar" in Tucson (a new favorite of ours!)

We (Mom and I) also took a trip to "Truth or Consequences," which is in New Mexico. They actually changed the name of their town from "Lava Hot Springs" to T or C for short, after the gameshow. True to the original name, we spent a lot of time lounging in their natural hot springs hot tubs.



The river in the background is the Rio Grande, it was really beautiful. We would sit on the edge of the hot tub and watch all of the fish right below jumping and splashing in the warm water that would fall from the hot tub.

The place that owned the hot tubs was pretty sketchy, but the hot tubs were amazing! I would go back for sure.
This tub was almost 110 degrees! We didn't spend too much time in it, as you can imagine :)

Then, in May after the semester ended, I went to Los Angeles with two of my friends from the U of A, both of whom were also Community Directors. We stayed with a friend of theres (and now a friend of mine!) and had a lot of fun. We spent one day at the Santa Monica Pier, another day in downtown LA and Hollywood and also did the Warner Brothers Studio Tour (my favorite part)! I acutally got to stand in Central Perk from Friends!!
On our first day, we went to the Chinese Theatre and took some fun pictures, followed by a stop at "The Grove," a huge, outdoor mall! We were quite tired when we got there, though :)



And I of course have to include some pictures from my favorite part of the trip.. (Warner Brothers Studio Tour)....
This is the spot where the upside down spiderman kiss was filmed!


It's a Hard Knock Life, for US!!! Some scenes from the movie "Annie" were filmed here!


And this is the staircase that Ross walks down in the Prom episode... This entire house was used as Monica and Ross' parents house.

From "The One Where Phoebe Runs..." and Rachel gets embarrassed because Phoebe runs with her arms flailing about.. much like I am in the below picture in the same spot it was filmed :)


Anyone who has seen "Gilmore Girls" will recognize this one immediately....

The flying car from Harry Potter....

And last but not least... a stop in Central Perk :)

I'd say that's enough pictures/excitement for now :) Night!
No comments:
Post a Comment