Sunday, March 27, 2011

I am alive!!!!!


Apparently, it took me 2 months to blog again after my marathon - YIKES! Sorry everyone - I promise I AM alive!

And what prompted me to come on here and update about life? Another race, of course!

Remember this race from last year? Well, I did it again this year.

A quick re-cap of my running events/times thus far in my running career:

*A "half" signifies a half marathon - 13.1 miles
*The "full" signifies a full 26.2 mile marathon.

12/09 - Vegas Half - 2 hours, 39 minutes
3/10 - Distance Classic Half - 2:12
11/10 - Mt. Lemmon Half - 2:43
12/07/10 - Tucson Half Marathon - 1:56
1/16/11 - Phoenix Full Marathon - 4:26

My goal today was to beat my 2:12 from last year. The Distance Classic half marathon significantly harder than the Tucson half marathon (thus my major time differences - 2:12 verses 1:56). The Tucson half is about 90% downhill, whereas the Distance Classic has some major uphills (two lasting over a mile), and is an out and back course.

My time today? 2:02. I was SO happy to knock a full 10 minutes off my time from last year -- a knarly hard course!! Here are some pictures from the event:

My friend Chelsea and I.

My running and training partner, Jessica!
Bryan, John and Chelsea again -- some of my other favorite running buddies!


My older supervisor from the U of A came out from Oregon to do this race. It was AMAZING to see her, and my favorite part of the run!!
Finally, my friend Morgann and I. Morgann ran this race last year, and this year decided to volunteer and hand out water. Thanks, Morgann!:)


What a great race!

I promise to post more about life soon everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment