Sunday, November 14, 2010

Mt. Lemmon Half [crazy] Marathon

A few weekends ago (WOW I've been bad at updating my blog lately..) I successfully completed the "Mt. Lemmon Half Marathon." 13.1 miles of grueling. uphill. running.

This marathon/half marathon has been named the worlds toughest road race.

The race began at 6:00am, and boy was it cold - I could see my breath. And it was still dark - my alarm went off at 4:45 that morning.


My only goal for this race was survival.


Here I am running the final mile, and MAN was I thrilled about that. Running like the wind, so fast I even blurred in the picture! ;)

To put in perspective -

My first half marathon (Vegas) I finished in 2:39
*(The most I'd ever run before this race was 6 miles.. I did not train. Yikes)

My second half marathon (Tucson) I finished in 2:12 - where I set my PR (personal record)
*This race I actually trained for - and trained hard.

This was my 3rd half marathon, and I trained for it as well - hard.
I finished in 2:48.

Hopefully that gives you just a small glimpse of how hard it was!


We were all SO glad to be finished!




I even got Bart Yasso's autograph (google his name) on my belly!


I survived this. Which lead me to believe... I can do a full marathon.

So with that, I have officially registered for the Phoenix Rock 'N Roll Marathon, which is on January 16th of next year.

That's right, a full 26.2 mile run.

I have been training for about 2 months so far, and my longest run so far has been 15 miles.

Next week is 16 miles - which is going to be pretttty crazy.

I'll keep you all posted :)

2 comments: